Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Training Log: Entry 3859

AM WORKOUT (0400 wake up via alarm)

TACTICAL BARBELL MASS PROTOCOL GREY MAN Recon Week, Workout 2



15 chins

MAIN LIFTS

Axle bench press
2x8x236
7x236
6x236

Texas Deadlift Bar Deadlifts
12x405

SUPPLEMENTAL LIFTS

Lever belt squat
3x12x250

Dips
3x12x47.5

Axle curls
12x83
2x8x83

ASSISTANCE

Tactical Barbell Ab Triad
2 rounds

Band pull aparts
2x25

15 chins

Notes:

  • Still piloting some maxes. Haven't flat benched in probably 6 months now (I could look it up if I really wanted to). I COULD have gotten the full 4x8, but with this being the recon week, it wasn't worth the squeeze. Similar sentiment for the rest of the workout, to include those deadlifts.

  • Let's talk those deadlifts: my right glute is STILL incredibly deeply sore, which I'm not sure if it's from the deads, the tractor or the stone, but either way it was barking at me. That said, the weight felt LIGHT today, which is awesome when I'm not even a week away from a strongman comp, but, in turn, with me traveling this week, the last thing I needed was to be in crippling pain from a dumb set of pulls, so I took it until it felt sloppy and set it down. I'm REALLY happy to be in a place where I can weigh 175lbs and crank out a set of 12 reps with 405 in the middle of a workout fasted first thing in the morning.

  • Wore my squat shoes on the lever belt squat, which is a sign of both of my knees being in a good way. My elbows are already mad at me, which MAY be from the buffalo bar squats, but could also just be from the strongman comp. I'll monitor. I've cut out the daily dips, because I'm getting in enough horizontal volume now, but sticking with the chins since I don't do any chinning during my normal workouts.

  • Tang Soo Do wasn't too terrible aggressive yesterday, which is good, because we're in a high heat warning and it was our first session back in full dobak.

  • Weighed 80.1kg this morning. Decided to have breakfast as a result. I ate "tapeworm" levels of food last night and lost .8kg. My body is chewing through nutrients, recovering from the comp AND the new demands of the training. Grey Man style training just plain makes me hungrier than Operator: positive feedback loop for gaining there.

No comments:

Post a Comment