Training Log: Entry 3840
AM WORKOUT (0430 wake up via alarm)
OPERATION CORNHISTERKUR Phase 2
TACTICAL BARBELL OPERATOR PRO Cycle 4, Week 1, Workout 4
18 Chins
18 Dips
4 prowler sprints w/90lbs on high handles
17 chins
17 dips
Notes:
Sleep was a little rough last night. Was still quite full from my midday meal, and body turned up the thermostat to start burning off the excess energy. I was curious how today was going to go with my knee. It's still swollen, lateral movement is a bad idea, but prowler is perfectly suited for these sorts of situations.
That said, performance wasn't awesome, but I attribute a bit of that to the weather. We're getting rain and high humidity, which I imagine is part of the reason my knee is swelling, but it also meant increased friction today while pushing. These were slogs, rather than sprints, with some over 60 second times. It's why I cut it at 4 reps: I was feeling prowler flu pretty heavy. That, along with the meat hangover.
With that, I still weighed in at 81.9kg, which matches the lightest weigh in I've had on a Thurs this entire training cycle, and given the nutritional debauchery I engaged in yesterday, that's an incredible sign. I'm going to see how a 2 mile run goes today during my fitness test, and I'm going to avoid doing stupid stuff in Tang Soo Do.
UPDATE: I have decided to be less stupid and rescheduled my fitness test to 2 weeks from today, to see if time is all I need for healing. I also realized HOW I hurt my knee. It wasn't deadlifts: after training that morning, I met my kid on the stairs, having discovered that one of the dogs needed out NOW. Unfortunately, the OTHER dog likes to chew on toes of people who are on stairs, and he engaged in that as I was trying to sprint down the stairs to let the other dog out. I have hurt my knee on these stairs before, and trying to navigate that situation most likely resulted in the same outcome. The adrenaline of the moment most likely had me unaware.
No comments:
Post a Comment