Training Log: Entry 3838
AM WORKOUT (0510 wake up via Valkyrie's alarm)
OPERATION CORNHISTERKUR Phase 2
TACTICAL BARBELL OPERATOR PRO Cycle 4, Week 1, Workout 2
18 Chins
18 Dips
"FOBBITS" on rower w/Niahanchi Cho Don
2 minutes on rower
1 Hyung
Repeat for 20 minutes total time
Notes:
Despite the tournament being over, I'm sticking with this workout for the sake of consistency through the cycle. Still just a solid 20 minutes of conditioning on a day where I get to sleep in and prep me for deads the next day. Which, on that note, I've made sure that, on the days I get more sleep, I take LONGER to get out of bed, given the past few times I ended up slipping a disk moving too quickly. In turn, my back is feeling awesome these days: would hardly believe how crippled I was last week.
I was being more deliberate during the Hyungs, trying to take some feedback from my instructor and implement it. In turn, I had 1 minute less on the rower than usual as far as total time goes, but still made up the distance by increasing the intensity of the rowing.
Been meaning to comment about this: this is the longest I've ever run daily chins AND strongman loading work without having my elbows feel like they're going to explode. Now, I'm not doing any squats with a bar on my back, which helps, but I think I've finally figured out the combo I need by increasing reps by just 1 per week, along with the fact I'm switching my grips on the chins. And I've achieved the goal I've been looking for of returning back to an "everyday" ability to hit 20 chins. Success there.
On the topic of success: weighed 81.0kg this morning. I anticipated a slight increase, as last night's meal of very salty pork was a wonderful way to get some sodium and water in my body. On that note, my vascularity absolutely exploded at the end of the night with a combination of the carbs on Sunday and the sodium load for Monday. Looking over my notes, I started this training cycle at 85.0kg, and I'm in the 10th week now, so 4kg dropped over 9.5 weeks, no counting/tracking cals/macros, eating ribs, cookies and pizza on weekends, never being hungry and still getting stronger. Definitely found what works for me.
Valkyrie and I got in a 3 mile walk last night after dinner, and tonight is Tang Soo Do. It's 1-step week, which tends to be lower energy, but we're still doing physical testing requirements. I also am taking tomorrow off, so I'll still get in my morning workout, but then the kiddo and I are doing our favorite Brazilian steakhouse for lunch, and then the next day is my penultimate fitness test.
No comments:
Post a Comment