Training Log: Entry 3837
AM WORKOUT (0400 wake up via alarm)
OPERATION CORNHISTERKUR Phase 2
TACTICAL BARBELL OPERATOR PRO Cycle 4, Week 1, Workout 1
19 chins (1 too many)
18 dips
20x90 reverse hypers
PRIMARY MOVEMENT
SSB Front Squat
2xBar
1x135
1x185
1x225
1x275
2x325
SECONDARY MOVEMENTS
Log clean and strict press away
5x5x155
Loads to platform: 1 min on/2 min rest
Rounds 1 and 3: 7/8x135 Stone of Steel
Rounds 2 and 4: 3x250lb Power Keg
Round 5: 2x200lb sandbag
ASSISTANCE Giant Set
3 rounds of 30 second SSB front rack hold w/325lb, 10 hanging leg raises and 25 band pull aparts
Notes:
Knowing I had a great family meal to fuel me through this was the sort of motivation I needed to get up and train this morning, as otherwise I was pretty ambivalent. I DID have a goal to finally get that third rep on the front squat, but on rep 2 I felt the world stop and heard my music skipping despite being an MP3, so I knew I was on borrowed consciousness and racked it. I'm STILL setting PRs because my bodyweight keeps dropped (more to follow on that).
Log felt crisp today.
I'm really digging what I've come up with for the loading event. Making the most of my garage set up. This definitely needs to get carried into the future.
Body is feeling pretty solid. Get some twinges up and down the back here and there, but no longer in the "maybe I need to retire from the sport" zone.
Weighed 80.7kg this morning. I am going to call this the lightest Monday weigh in, because though I DID weigh 80.0 2 weeks ago, that was post travel day weight. This was post family meal weigh in, which was spaghetti with meat sauce, 1.5 sourdough rolls, and 3 cookies/1 sourdough oatmeal cream pie, all with raw local honey. I'm going to do a more fleshed out write-up of the Roulette Diet, but I'm realizing that these green/0s days are honestly a crucial part of it.
I am feeling that urge to "build" again. This time with fasting and leaning out has been good for that. The idea of eating well and recovering from hard training so I can grow is very appealing.
Got all 7 days of 4x17 chins/dips last week. This is the start of 18/3x17
No comments:
Post a Comment