Friday, July 24, 2026

 Training Log: Entry 3930

AM WORKOUT (0400 wake up via alarm)

OPERATION CORNHISTERKUR Phase 2

TACTICAL BARBELL OPERATOR PRO Cycle 3, Week 2, Workout 5



PRIMARY MOVEMENT

Log clean and press
2xLog
1x150
1x170
1x200
1x220

SECONDARY MOVEMENT

SSB front squat
5x5x235

Stone of steel load to platform
5x1 minute max reps w/135 (3x7, 1x6, 1x7)

ASSISTANCE Giant Set (rack, abs, BPA)

SSB front rack hold
2x30 seconds x 345

Hanging leg raise
2x10

Band pull aparts
2x25

Notes:

  • My back/hips continue to recover, but are still not 100%, and that came into effect on the log. I struggled to get into a strong position to press from, which made the rep of 220 even more significant to me, but I definitely would have preferred a stronger showing. That said, my bodyweight is rock bottom (more to follow), and it dawned on me I'm pressing at least 40lbs more than that over my head...so that's pretty cool.

  • Front squats took some doing before they felt good, but after that the depth was bottomed out.

  • Went with speed/technique work on the stone, and it was the right call. It's thankfully been cool enough that I could use the stone and not worry about slippage. Supposed to get back over 100 tomorrow though.

  • Great night of sparring last night. I shut out one blackbelt twice: 3-0 both times. By the time class rolled around, my hips and back felt ok. First thing in the morning is rough: still quite stiff.

  • Weighed 80.9kg this morning. Dropped a full kilo off of yesterday and this is the lightest I've been on a Friday the entire training cycle. I'm at the point where goal is achieved as far as leanness and lightness goes and I've proven whatever I need to prove to myself. This weekend is a celebratory weekend, so I'll enjoy the food, dry out a little afterwards, self-assess, and then start considering maintenance until the comp/cruise before I start building again.

No comments:

Post a Comment