Thursday, July 23, 2026

Training Log: Entry 3929

AM WORKOUT (0430 wake up via alarm)

OPERATION CORNHISTERKUR Phase 2

TACTICAL BARBELL OPERATOR PRO Cycle 3, Week 2, Workout 4

17 chins
17 dips

4 Prowler sprints, high handle, 90lb load

17 chins
17 dips

Notes:

  • Times were 45, 45, 52 and 72 seconds. Caught prowler flu on the 4th sprint, so shut it down at that point. This is slower than last week, but I expected that with how overtaxed and underweight I am. I was more just delighted to be able to sprint at all, and to get the conditioning effect I was after.

  • I am certainly doing BETTER as time goes on, but it's amazing just how much I beat myself to hell to get to this point. 7 hours of driving, then a martial arts tournament with lots of sitting on the floor, then 7 hours of driving, then straight into heavy keg loading: bonehead play. I'm planning on doing speed/technique work for my loading tomorrow to help out there. But I'm pleased that things are recovering and my IT band is no longer forcing me to consider elective surgery to have it removed.

  • Sparring went well last night. Got to spar against 3 black belts, defeating 2 (going 3 and 0 against one) and going 2:3 against our most senior one. Lotta matches in general, big bracket, and was still able to move well despite myself. The martial arts are actually helpful in opening the movement patterns back up: gets me limbered up and fluid. Got another class tonight, and we're looking toward Saturday as well.

  • Weighed 81.9kg this morning. Big jump, but with 2 meals and a heavy focus on getting my hydration sorted, that's expected. This is the longest I've gone without seeing 82kg on the scale, making this week my lowest weigh in week. I am excited at the prospect of reversing course soon enough and getting back on the gain train. Gotta lot of meat in the freezer to get through. All that said, I find I enjoy my fasting days more than my multiple meal days at this point. I feel like I'm "doing" more when I fast, and it's just been nice on my digestion. The large/unrestricted meal at the end of the day feels rewarding as well. But breakfast is also a nice incentive to get through a training session, so pros all around

No comments:

Post a Comment