Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Training Log: Entry 3832

AM WORKOUT (0400 natural wake up)

OPERATION CORNHISTERKUR Phase 2

TACTICAL BARBELL OPERATOR PRO Cycle 3, Week 3, Workout 1



17 chins
17 dips
25x90 reverse hyper

PRIMARY MOVEMENT

SSB Front Squat
2x325

SECONDARY MOVEMENTS

Log clean and strict press away
2x5x175
3x4x175

Keg load to platform
1x210
1x215
1x225
1x235
1x240 (attempted a second rep, did not finish)

ASSISTANCE (giant sets)

SSB front rack hold
2x30 seconds x 325

Hanging leg raise
2x10

Band pull apart
2x25

Notes:

  • By the end of day yesterday, I was moving painfree and easy. I woke up this morning feeling better but still stiff, and had a few nerve twinges (which, yesterday, the toes in my left foot kept going numb, so something is definitely pinching a nerve). Had a few COAs in mind, with one being just to do a SE circuit and call it good if I couldn't load any weight on my body. Took a long and slow "war up", to ape from simo74 and honestly felt solid on the front squats and "good enough" on the press, so I went for it.

  • The front squat matches the past few weeks as far as reps go, but I'm really appreciating the notion of EASE of reps as far as progression goes. Each week this double is getting easier, and if I wasn't in a spot where grinding would put me in a bad way, I may have gone for the triple. It's in my future, and this is what sustainable and slow progression looks like.

  • In a similar way, I cut the reps short on the log because I wasn't willing to commit my body in a manner that would secure those 5 reps. Get in the work I can with what I got.

  • Switched to singles for the keg load, and just kept adding weight. I think there IS a time for higher rep loading work, but I could tell it was beating the hell out of me, and this close to comp I'll get more out of heavier singles. The rep work will be magic when it's time to gain.

  • I'm now about 4 hours removed from the training and I don't feel awesome, but I also don't feel the pain I was in yesterday. I'm sliding my training schedule to the right 1 day this week, to account for yesterday, and it's "easy conditioning week", so I should have even more time to recover.

  • Tang Soo Do tonight. Basics and hyungs. Can be a decent workout. I'm going to stay within my abilities.

  • Weighed in at 82.1kg. I'm honestly pretty surprised: that's the second lowest Tuesday weigh in I've had this whole cycle, with the lightest being last week. This is after the family meal on Sunday and birthday cake/eating out yesterday. In turn, I'm actually expecting a weight spike tomorrow, despite this being a single meal day, but if nothing else things will be chaotic.

No comments:

Post a Comment