Thursday, July 30, 2026

Training Log: Entry 3834

AM WORKOUT (0300 Wake Up Via dog, then 0400 wake up via Alarm)

OPERATION CORNHISTERKUR Phase 2

TACTICAL BARBELL OPERATOR PRO Cycle 3, Week 3, Workout 2



17 chins
17 dips
30x90 reverse hyper

SECONDARY MOVEMENTS

Log clean and strict press away
3x5x175

SSB front squat
3x5x250

PRIMARY MOVEMENT

(4) Texas Deadlift Bar Mat Pulls
9x425+chains

ASSISTANCE

Axle curls
3x5x116

Reverse hyper
15x90

Hanging leg raise
1x10

Band pull apart
1x25

Notes:

  • Kiddo knocked on the door at 0300 because the puppy was having a bad night. I got up EXTREMELY slowly and purposefully to answer the door, and then did the same thing when my alarm went off this morning. Moved slowly through the morning, spent some extra time rolling out my glutes/lower back, and a slow war up (this is still my favorite thing to write. I think I'm going to make a blog post about it). At the start of the morning, I still wasn't excited about bending at the trunk, but by the end of the workout I was moving and feeling pain free again. It's like I knocked the disk back into place and compressed it to where it needed to be. Sometimes rest is the answer, and sometimes it's Steve Pulcinella's "Paleo rehab".

  • Very first set of presses felt like Bambi on ice, but after that I was feeling secure and able to give it some output. Front squats are heavy enough to suck, but I can get through them.

  • The mat pulls were the real W for today. Last week, I was so thrashed I had to pscyhe myself up for the war up with 335, and I ended up scrapping the topset. Today, I came in with no expectations: didn't even know if I COULD pull. All my sets leading up to the topset felt great, and when I got to the topset, it was my LEFT hip that was upset vs my right side, which in itself is a victory. I also got 1 rep more than I did at the start of the cycle, and absolutely COULD have done more: it just would have been really stupid given how I almost couldn't walk yesterday Took the reps, took the W, shut it down and moved on.

  • The curls are high school levels of cheating. It's good to do that every once in a while.

  • Tang Soo Do last night was a good workout. We got there early and drilled hyungs for about 20 solid minutes, did the physical testing requirements of 50 push ups, sit ups and jumping jacks, then drilled hyungs for the 90 minutes of class. Lots of movement.

  • Which is probably why I weighed 80.3kg this morning. Won't lie: the scale flashed "79" before it settled at 80kg and I had a slight panic moment. In turn, the original plan was to fast again today, but decided I'm light and lean enough that I should have some breakfast after deadlifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment