Thursday, September 3, 2026

Training Log: Entry 3860

AM WORKOUT (0410 wake up via Valkyrie's alarm)

TACTICAL BARBELL MASS PROTOCOL GREY MAN Recon Week, Workout 3

3 mile ruck w/20.4lb tac carrier in 50:45

Crossfit "Cindy" WOD



20 rounds of

  • 5 chins

  • 10 push ups

  • 15 squats

In 19:35

Notes:

  • Valkyrie and I didn't want to get up, but we were good accountabilabuddies to each other in that regard. And though this is a harder workout than is prescribed in Mass Protocol, I think the juice is worth the squeeze, especially since I've deprioritized LISS.

  • We pushed the pace today. I made a focus to not be the slow one in the pack.

  • Cindy afterwards was a gameday audible. I was on the fence, but I had the time when we returned and felt good "enough". Ultimately, I am still sore as hell and feeling underrecovered, but I thought some bodyweight work would serve as a feeder workout. I genuinely may just keep this in the rotation in general. Thibs talked about how staying strong on bodyweight work during a gaining phase is a quick way to ensure body composition is staying honest. DeFranco had that idea too.

  • In that regard, I weighed 79.8kg this morning, which is the lightest I have been through the entire training cycle and marks 5.2kg lost since the start of June. I had 2 meals yesterday as well, which historically shows a bump UP in weight, but this was a drop of .4kg, so I had another breakfast this morning, and am thinking a big meal tonight (my beloved ribs and brisket perhaps) and just officially kicking off "vacation mode eating" early, which will also make this my final weigh in.

  • We have Tang Soo Do tonight. We also have a heat advisory of 106 degrees. Let's see how that goes. I am thinking of getting in 1 more weight workout tomorrow before the trip as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment