Training Log: Entry 3787
AM WORKOUT (0510 wake up via Valkyrie's alarm)
OPERATION TACTICAL SLEIGHBELL
TACTICAL BARBELL MASS PROTOCOL Grey Man, Cycle 2, Week 1, Workout 2
"ROW ROW ROW YOUR BLOAT"
15 chins
20 minute recovery row (4000m covered)
14 chins
Notes:
This was absolutely what I needed this morning, because I went to bed stiff and work up worse. Once again: spending 5 hours driving and then squatting the next day tends to produce a unique soreness. Thankfully, I'm moving better after getting in the row. But, in turn, my output on this one wasn't as strong as yesterday.
Which, speaking of yesterday, along with that row and lifting workout, I got in a 50 minute walk outside, and then the family did the first day of ABF and then the Valkyrie and I went on a slightly longer than 2 mile ruck, which before that I went to my kid's last XC meet of the year and walked around a bunch too, so I ended up with over 23k steps for the day. Which sounds, cool, but it's working against my goals, because...
I weighed 80.3kg this morning. And in no way did I restrict on last night's meal. I didn't leave a single rib behind and had a very generous portion of the shaved beef, and cheese, meat and eggs from the charcuterie, along with the meal of salmon and egg whites, along with my nightcap of skyr and Metabolic Drive. This is the mass building phase, and I'm already one cycle deep. There is still plenty of feasting on the horizon (we're doing a Dan John "Practice Thanksgiving" with the Turkey on Sat, and with it being my birthday month I've got a lot of discounted meals to cash in), but I really need to make sure to keep the goal the goal here.
Tang Soo Do on the radar for tonight. One-step week, which tends to be low activity.
No comments:
Post a Comment