Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Training Log: Entry 3788

AM WORKOUT (0400 wake up via alarm)

OPERATION TACTICAL SLEIGHBELL

TACTICAL BARBELL MASS PROTOCOL Grey Man, Cycle 2, Week 1, Workout 3



PRIMARY CLUSTER

Axle bench press
2x8x238
6x238
5+3x238

(3) Texas Deadlift Bar Mat Pulls
9x440+chains

SUPPLEMENTAL CLUSTER

Lever belt squat
4x12x255

Dips
4x12x50

Axle curls
12,9,8x83

ASSISTANCE

Reverse hyper
2x15x140

Ab triad
1 round

Notes:

  • No drama coming into this workout: got up and was excited at the prospect of doing it. This is kinda the "reward" workout of the week, because there's no barbell squat, only 1 set of pulls, and the rest of the supplemental work is pretty gentle. Plus I eat breakfast after, so that's cool.

  • My TMs are a bit too heavy for these rep ranges, and I'm just plain not eating enough. But the deadlift is moving in a great direction. I was doubting my ability to pull today, based on the soreness I was experiencing Monday and yesterday, but I was feeling strong and I actually shut it down with a few reps left in the tank, which means I also didn't blow up my hips on the lift. Win there.

  • Cut the curls 1 set shy. It was heavy, time was short, and this spares my forearms.

  • I need to get back to practicing daily throws. Life has gotten in the way a little.

  • Tang Soo Do last night was very low energy. Lotta celebrations for tournament outcomes. Did some weapons defense one-steps.

  • Weighed 80.5kg this morning. We're going out to eat tonight, to celebrate kiddo's parent teach conference (we're assuming nothing but good news), so that'll be an opportunity to get in a little more energy. Also doing another ABF family workout tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment