Wednesday, October 9, 2024

 Training Log: Entry 3374


AM WORKOUT (0352 natural wake up, snooze until 0400)


Roll out on LAX ball

75x320 reverse hyper

60 minute treadmill walk at 4.0 incline

First half mile was at 3.5 pace, then each half mile went up by .1 until the 3 mile mark, then did .25 miles at 4.1, then the remainder of time at 3.5 to get in 3.73 miles in 60 minutes.


BREAKFAST


Short walk w/dogs


Notes:


* This continues to be one of my favorite parts of the program: it’s always just what I need when I need it.  I woke up quite sore from yesterday’s training, specifically in my glutes, hamstrings and quads.  Rolling out helped, and then movement was the medicine.  Once again, said I was going to take it easy, which is why I started at 3.5, but I saw a portal and jumped through it, ala Jon Andersen.  By the time it was done, I felt restored.


* Outside the scope of this workout, but I also really appreciate the simplicity of execution on this.  I set up the gym the day before the workout, to speed up my mornings, and it’s awesome only needing to get 2 bars set up.   


* Reverse hypers continue to be very restorative.  


* Tang Soo Do tonight.  We signed back up for 3x a week, which will start next week.  Valkyrie has her fire lit up on getting after more rank, and my kiddo wants to be able to defend their crown.  I think I might actually try to conquer this whole “loosen up” thing I keep getting told to do during my hyungs.

No comments:

Post a Comment