Thursday, October 17, 2024

 Training Log: Entry 3381

AM WORKOUT (0350 wake up via dog, snoozed until 0400)


Roll out on LAX ball

80x320 reverse hypers

3.5 mile/60 minute treadmill walk at 4.0 pace

2:30 hang from bar, pull up every 30 seconds


BREAKFAST


Long walk w/dogs


12+k steps before 0730


Notes:


* Tang Soo Do last night was a legit challenging workout.  We’re a month out from belt testing, and though  my family isn’t eligible, we still participate in the testing prep, which includes a physical testing portion comprised of jumping jacks, sit ups and push ups.  I do my best to use a strict style on all of these, and when combined with the jumping jacks, sit ups and push ups we did as part of the warm up as well, my abs were cramping really fiercly on the sit ups.  Then, it was “wildcard cardio” week, and the entire class was comprised of working combinations on the bag and various bodyweight exercises, so after an hour we were smoked.  I bring all this up to highlight that there are more recovery demands being placed on me than originally intended and, in turn, I made this workout very much focused on recovery vs pushing hard.  Kept incline and pace at a comfortable level.  We have 1 more TSD class tonight, which most likely won’t be as active, but still recovery demands, and tomorrow is my squat day, which tends to tax me pretty well.


* This worked it’s usual magic: I came out of it feeling better than how I started.  My knees were pretty shot from a lot of jumping during Tang Soo Do, and I’m feeling better now.  Also happy to repeat that 2:30 hang.  I’m thinking those short 30 second hangs I’ve been doing between sets on the squat day may be paying off there.


* I forgot that I’ll be working this weekend, which means I’ll actually be extending my fasting/OMAD approach for a few additional days.  So far, I’m enjoying this experiment from a lifestyle perspective.  I really dig being able to just go to town on my one meal at the end of the night.  Being in a gaining state really makes this work well, because there’s really no wrong choice to make once it’s time to eat, I just have to make sure it’s a lot of food.  The real telling point will be to check the scale and the workouts after this.  It’s technically deviating from Apex Predator, as I’m in the leanness category that WOULD call for a few midday meals and some calorie cycling, but this isn’t a forever thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment