Friday, August 14, 2026

Training Log: Entry 3846

AM WORKOUT (0400 Wake up via alarm)

OPERATION CORNHISTERKUR Phase 2

TACTICAL BARBELL OPERATOR PRO Cycle 4, Week 2, Workout 5



18 chins
18 dips

PRIMARY MOVEMENT

Log clean and press
2xLog
1x150
1x170
1x200
1x220 (failed attempt at double)

SECONDARY MOVEMENTS

SSB front squat
5x5x235

1 min rounds of loading w/2min rest

  • Rounds 1 and 3: 6x135lb stone of steel

  • Rounds 2 and 4: 3x250lb keg

  • Round 5: 3x200lb sandbag

ASSISTANCE

3 giant sets of 30 second SSB front rack hold w/345, 10 hanging leg raises and 25 band pull aparts

Notes:

  • Zero desire to do this today, but I knew it was the ticket I needed to punch to have my weekend. My knee feels shot at the end of the day but "normal" at the start, which is progress. I could still find ways to piss it off during the training (specifically trying to pick up the keg standing up vs laying down), so I didn't push totally into the redline, but in general this was a very solid and "normal" training day, and continues to bode well for my healing.

  • Though I continue to only push out singles on the log, they are feeling better AND I'm doing this at lighter and lighter bodyweights (more to follow). The clean is getting less wasteful.

  • Front squats sunk to the bottom without resistance. The faster I move on them, the less they suck.

  • Happy with how loading went. I really like rotating the movement WITHIN the workout. I think that has some real legs to it.

  • Tang Soo Do last night was pretty low energy, but we got some major kudos from our head instructor over a synchronized hyung we pulled off. The dynamic movements in class definitely test my connective tissue. My knee is good moving in a straight line, but all the lateral stuff is stressing it.

  • Weighed in at 79.6kg this morning. Well bleep. Goal wasn't to see a 7 as the first number, but I'm certainly not starving myself and my strength is still holding on well. I'm going to be in an excellent position for gaining after my cruise. This is something Jamie Lewis talked about: as you get leaner, you can get away with MORE nutritional debauchery, and the body just seems to perpetuate more and more leanness.

No comments:

Post a Comment