AM WORKOUT (0510 Wake up via Valkyrie’s alarm)
OPERATION CORNHISTERKUR Phase 2 [FINAL WORKOUT OF OPERATION)
TACTICAL BARBELL OPERATOR PRO Cycle 4, Week 3, Workout 5
Crossfit's "Cindy" WOD
20 rounds in 19:45 of
5 chins
10 push ups
15 squats
Notes:
Technically Cindy is max rounds IN 20 minutes and what I've done is got the 100 chins, 200 push ups and 300 squats of Murph done as fast possible, but close enough. The big thing is that this is a pretty solid PR for me, with zero issues knocking out the chins every single round, which speaks to how much my general fitness has improved through this training phase alongside the pay off of my daily chins. Which, because I got 100 chins done during this workout, I owe no more chins for the day.
This workout itself is a "deviation" from Operator Pro, as I technically was supposed to do the final workout of 2-3rm press, 5x5 front squats and 5 sets of loads, but my competition is on the 29th, I'm not going to get STRONGER from 1 more workout, but I can certainly get more injured and fatigued from it. This is giving my knee maximum time to recover, which, after a forced 2 mile run alongside some sparring yesterday, it will need. Still waking up swollen, but once I start moving it gets better. And I figured the 300 bodyweight squats from this would be "movement" enough. I also opted to prioritize sleep by choosing a shorter workout.
On that aforementioned run: I was reflecting this morning on just how awesome TB has been for my general fitness, as I had zero cardio issues knocking out that run and could nasal breathe the entire time. The big thing was just keeping a pace so that I didn't feel like my knee was going to fall off the whole time. This is a great physical state to be in.
Sparring last night went well for me, as I made it to the final round in a VERY close match against our senior black belt, eventually losing in overtime, but with him expressing a sentiment of "That was fun!" which I could only agree with. Very lively, despite my gimpiness, and the journey to the top was eventful as well. However, my penultimate match ended with me soundly defeating our resident "dojang bully" through a combination of a good offense and my own defense which drew fouls on him due to his lack of control, which he then went to the "redemption bracket" and punched the Valkyrie in the face during an exchange. Our rules forbid hand strikes to the head in general, let alone straight to the face. She handled it better than I would have, and it's most likely good that I wasn't sent to the redemption bracket to square off against the dude again, as I would most likely have had to force 12 people to have a serious philosophical discussion on the difference between martial arts training and "assault and battery". In light of that outcome, our head instructor has announced there will be changes to future sparring formats: more to follow.
My kiddo is joining the cross country team, with practice starting next week. 5 days per week, which is going to shift our Tang Soo Do attendance to Tues/Thurs/Sat, as the connections are too tight otherwise. I semi-joked with my kiddo that, with a tight connection between cross country and Tang Soo Do, I was going to just give them a ketobrick to eat in the car so that they could take down 1000 calories in 2 minutes, but then thought "maybe that ISN'T a joke and I could get the company to sponsor us if I tell them how we're using it". Although I ALSO have a pack of Finibars in the basement that are only a few years expired too...
Weighed 80.0kg this morning. I certainly didn't restrict myself last night, based on the photo of the meal. I'm at that point where the body has fully bought into "get lean" mode, and just burning everything like a furnace. It's a cool little data point that I'm always 12 weeks away from this state, and just how EASY of a 12 weeks it is to be this way. I feel a lot better than I ever have been operating at this level of bodyfat, as though my body is fragile/more injury prone, my mood/general disposition/level of fatigue are significantly better. I can certainly see these 12 weeks becoming an annual "reset", as this times out starting right after Memorial Day and carries me through the summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment