Monday, August 17, 2026

Training Log: Entry 3847
AM WORKOUT (0400 Wake up via alarm)

OPERATION CORNHISTERKUR Phase 2

TACTICAL BARBELL OPERATOR PRO Cycle 4, Week 3, Workout 1



18 chins
18 dips

PRIMARY MOVEMENT

SSB front squat
2xBar
1x135
1x185
1x225
1x275
1x330

SECONDARY MOVEMENTS

Log clean and strict press away
3x5x175
2x4x175

Loading to platform (1 min on/2 min rest)

  • Rounds 1 and 3: 7x135lb stone of steel

  • Rounds 2 and 4: 2/3x250lb keg

  • Round 3: 3x200lb sandbag

ASSISTANCE

2 Giant sets of 30 seconds SSB front rack hold w/358, 10 hanging leg raises, 25 pull aparts

Notes:

  • Absolutely zero motivation to train this morning. This is the final week of Operator Pro and I am totally ready for it. The biggest variable at play is nutrition for sure: I've exhausted whatever excitement there is to be had in getting leaner, and now I just want to build. My weight is freefalling as well, which tends to happen once I get to this level of lean, which most likely means I'm feeling a little more fatigue than usual. ...plus I got in 23k steps yesterday between walking the dog, mowing the lawn, and then the Valkyrie wanting to go on a post dinner walk. Which, in that regard, my hips were a little stiff coming into this.

  • Which makes a 330 front squat pretty cool. I'm not calling it a PR because it's a single, and it was hard fought, but it was good to put a little chipshot extra weight on the bar.

  • The log was rough on the first set, but after that moved really well on the cleans. No wasted energy. I COULD have fought for those 5th reps, but this close to the comp, there's no benefit.

  • I almost had to get some stitches this morning on the load. For the first round of the keg, it slipped on the third rep, and I very slightly conked my eyebrow ridge on the loading platform. I thankfully had the awareness to pull back at the last second vs lean into it. Very grateful it's not worse: just some light bruising.

  • Left knee was doing well until the sandbag. Feels like I stretched out whatever is bugging it. But it's not clicking and catching like it has been, so I'm hoping some ice will be enough.

  • Weighed in at 79.9kg: lowest Monday/post carb weigh in for the entire cycle. Last night was spaghetti with meat sauce, some homemade sourdough rolls and then 4 of the Valkyrie's pumpkin oatmeal chocolate chip butterscotch cookies (she makes them just for me) and a sourdough oatmeal cream pie, all with raw local honey. I've legit got no reason to get any leaner at this point, outside of our cruise coming up. I see myself upping food leading up to the comp.

No comments:

Post a Comment