Training Log: Entry 3852
AM WORKOUT (0410 wake up via Valkyrie's alarm)
BRIDGE WEEK
3 mile weighted vest walk w/20.4lb tac carrier in 54 minutes
4 circuits of 15 chins, 15 dips and 15 bodyweight split squats w/2 mins between circuits (no rest between exercises)
Notes:
Bridge week before the comp, so I joined the Valkyrie on her AM workout and field tested what Base Building would be like. I actually had the idea to pivot my bridge week and scheduled vacation INTO a Base Building cycle, as it would time out about right as nearly 4 weeks of downtime and we'd be getting in a lot of walking during the cruise, but decided I didn't want to have to tie myself down to a training protocol while I'm on vacation. I think I'm just going to hit the fitness center on occasion and get in a stupid big pump to remind my muscles that they're still there.
My knee is improving, to the point that I forgot it was hurt as I was walking to work today. Still not 100% ROM, but all coming back. I need to restart my physical therapy for my OTHER knee now: I have put it off because it stressed the left knee to do it.
We moved at a good pace for the walk. Not a ruck, but not leisurely. The base building workout wasn't tough, but it's not supposed to be for week 1 day 1. Working up to 3-5x30 will be a different animal.
No weigh in today, and most likely not for the rest of the week. Don't really need to get in my head about that on competition week. I'll be eating well and posting updates: already have the menu picked out. Trying to maximize the foods that I feel good with.
Going to map out what training will look like upon my return. Definitely need to spend some time growing.
No comments:
Post a Comment