Training Log: Entry 3873
AM WORKOUT (0400 wake up via alarm)
OPERATION TACTICAL SLEIGHBELL
TACTICAL BARBELL MASS PROTOCOL Grey Man, Week 3, Workout 3
MAIN CLUSTER
Axle bench press
4x3x268
(4) Texas Deadlift Bar Mat Pulls
9x440+chains
SUPPLEMENTAL CLUSTER
Lever belt squats
4x8x295
Dips
3x8x85
7+1x85
Axle curls
2x8x98
6+2x98
ASSISTANCE
Reverse hyper
2x15x140
Ab triad
2 rounds
Notes:
First Wed of the cycle where I could get in the mat pulls vs having to put it off until Thurs. The warm up with 335 was shaky, so I finally just sent it with 385 and that moved much better. I think I need be less ginger, as it creates a negative feedback loop wherein my body won't produce the necessary strength because I'm not committing fully. In turn, got in a 1rep PR with a longer ROM than last week and STILL didn't blow up my hip. I'm being a bit more intentional on the lockout.
Bench is perfectly dialed in weight wise. Curls are heavy: going to repeat them next cycle. Right knee is telling me it's time to do PT again, and right forearm is letting me know it thinks low bar squatting is stupid.
At Tang Soo Do last night, we identified I was turning over the wrong shoulder in the weapons hyung. Big game changer, especially right before the tournament. Otherwise, got some major props from my head instructor regarding my efforts to relax and flow in the open hands hyung. In general, I don't care about either one, but I want to represent the Dojang well. Which, on that note, Valkyrie and I both passed our written test, so we're all set to test for our next belts in Mid Nov, which will be the final belt before black. Wild to think. Class itself was pretty low energy: just walking through hyungs for the tournament.
Weighed 81.7kg. Surprised given how much food I put away last night, but still trending in a good way.
No comments:
Post a Comment