Sunday, May 5, 2024

 Training Log: Entry 3247


WEEKEND SUMMARY

Another awesome Saturday.  Got 6 rounds of 15 prisoner squats and 10 push ups in the morning, delicious breakfast, and then this workout




(4) Mat Pulls

15+4+4x405+chains


After that, an hour of Tang Soo Do, solid class focused on the basics.  Had a fantastic steak and egg breakfast burrito and a beef cheek taco (no shells) for lunch, and then a lot of ribs and some pulled pork for dinner.


We also got in a 3.5 mile walk at some point.


On this note, I'm thinking of extending the feast a bit longer, as an experiment.  Things are really going well as far as eating and training is going, and I'm gonna ride out this blast on DoggCrapp with a feast, then famine and cruise at the end of May.


I've got some piedmontese beef chuck bone in short ribs dry brining in the fridge for tomorrow.  Bring on the feast.


SUNDAY


Part 1 of meal prep








2 piedmontese beef chuck bone in short ribs that I smoked "hot and fast" and they came out great, a piedmontese bavette and some piedmontese grassfed new york steak kabobs. I also air fried 5lbs of chicken thighs (bone in, skin on). I am set for the week.  Despite the burnt appearance, the ribs were SO juicy and tender.   Using the Ninja smoker tends to results in a really dark smoke, since it's so concentrated.  I was spraying them with duck fat spray every 30 minutes, because Apple Cider Vinegar is, as you know, a plant, and why ruin a good thing?


Did some training too




EMOM, alternate between a 160lb log viper and a 24kb KB "throw".  I took the vipers from a longer ROM this week compared to last, and it was exhausting.  I'm feeling good with this set-up still.  I supposed I am training 3 of the 5 events this way: need to work some zercher yokes and some truck pulls ala prowler drags at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment