Monday, September 9, 2024

 Training Log: Entry 3348

AM WORKOUT (0410 wake up via alarm)


PRE-COMPETITION DELOAD


2 minute hang from bar, pull up every 30 seconds

3 mile treadmill walk

-First mile at 3.5 pace and 6 incline, Second at 7 incline, final at 8 incline


50x320lb reverse hypers

50 band pull aparts


BREAKFAST


Longer walk w/dogs


Notes:


* Continuing my process of recovering and healing my hip.  I’m feeling real good, especially after those reverse hypers.  I can still twinge it every once in a while.  There’s definitely some sort of nerve issue going on.  But I should be good to compete at the end of the week if I keep playing it smart.


* …which I’m not good at, as I plan on using tomorrow to do some max testing to prep for Mass Protocol.  That said, I’m not going for 1rms: I’m going to get some rep maxes established and use a calculator.  I’m stupid, but in a smart way.  If I’m feeling froggy, I’ll see how my 225lb squat is feeling as well.


* That new fitness tracker I got is addictive, which I already knew coming in.  My resting heart rate is 40, and I got in 12683 steps before 0800 today.  I can’t wear it at work, so I’ll lose some of that data, and I can’t wear it at Tang Soo Do, but otherwise, I’ll gather some metrics.


* Carb up meal tonight: tuna casserole and some homemade pumpkin cookies.  I have to remember to NOT eat the cinnamon honey today: think it’s built up too much toxicity inside of me.  I may treat myself to an apple from our local orchid.

No comments:

Post a Comment