Saturday, September 21, 2024

 Training Log: Entry 3358

This is a lot of cool stuff.


Slept until about 0700, got up around 0800, got in my squats and push ups.  I've settled on a pattern of 15 squats-10 push ups-15-10-20-30 to get 50 of each.


Valkyrie made me breakfast.  Went a little lighter, since I was still satiated from the full rack of ribs, and just had the 2 omelets with steak and grassfed swiss/ghee topped with grassfed sour cream, one grassfed hot dog and 2 strips of sugar free bacon.  Ended up having 1.5 strips extra, as my kid didn't eat there's and it's never going to be as good as when it's fresh.  Walked the dogs for about 1.5 miles.


We got some chores done, and for lunch went to Culver's.  They know me there now, and right away rung up 4 burger patties, which I put some grassfed butter on. 





 Also had what was left of my kid's double cheddar burger (about 1 more patty of beef worth)





Got home and tried to do some mat pulls.  It went ok





425+chains for 2 singles.  


Still getting pain on the pull and the set down, but it goes away when the session is over.  It's a funny sort of progress.  But on the topic of progress, it dawned on me that I don't HAVE to use 425+chains.  That was the next step forward, but I could always walk the weights back and try to beat my previous best on reps instead.  That may be the way forward.  I've got nothing but time.  Another COA is to use my Spud "gateway briefs" to help me through this.  I'll consider that.


After that, I built my new belt squat attachment with kickstand.  






It's AWESOME.  I'm so excited to use it, and I can also use it for rows and some other landmine shenanigans



I sweated out like I was cutting weight for wrestling building that damn thing in my garage: it's HUMID today.  After this, we went out for dinner, and it was a Conan win: talked the Valkyrie into ordering the cheese and meat platter as an appetizer, and we all loved it, to include the kiddo.  I got a bacon cheeseburger for entree, and I asked "Hey, I don't really care about the sides: could the chef just give me some extra bacon on the side instead?" and they were totally cool with it.  That's a win.  My kiddo ordered the same burger and got halfway through it, so I had what was left of theirs as well.  It's nice to not have to worry about weight classes again and just get strong.



Took the dog for a 2 mile walk when I got home.  


For those following along, the mat pulls are NOT part of Tactical Barbell, but it's just something I feel fit to keep in my programming.  Ideally, without this stupid pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment