Thursday, September 26, 2024

 Training Log: Entry 3363

**OPERATION CONAN** Recon and Scouting


AM WORKOUT (0408 natural wake up)


Roll out on LAX ball

2 minute hang from bar, pull up every 30 seconds

65x320 reverse hypers

60 minute treadmill walk at 3.6mph and 4 incline


BREAKFAST


Moderate walk w/dogs


13k+ steps before 0800


Notes:


* Wanted today to be very low stress/recovery focused and compromised by keeping the elevation on the low side and upping the walking speed by .1mph.  Results were fantastic: I’m legit pain free in that hip.  I actually forgot how it felt to not have pain there: it’s interesting to just be mobile again.  My knees are still achy, so I’m not totally out of the woods, but the biggest issue has been resolved.  I’m going to keep on with this proactive strategy until it becomes a burden, but right now it’s pretty low drag on my lifestyle and the results are very positive.


* Got to bed a little later than usual last night.  Been sleeping very well these past few days.  


* Got to spar 3 rounds last night: one against the senior student and 2 against black belts, to include our Dojang’s resident sparring champ.  Hip was playing well enough that I had most of my arsenal available.  I tried to focus on footwork and angles to create openings.  I got a little frustrated against the sparring champ: he’s about 5” taller than me, and is often awarded points for body punches that are in no way threatening, but his long limbs make them appear as though he’s scored.  So I played “dirty”, went back to boxing, Dempsey rolled inside his defense and got in a bodyjab.  I then went back to actually doing Tang Soo Do in my Tang Soo Do class, but it was nice for me to know I still had that in me if I needed it.


* Meant to document that part of my approach to healing has been to include more gelatin in my diet.  I've been mixing a pack with 2-3 of my Metabolic Drive "shakes", which are really puddings because I use a splash of hot water.  The hot water makes the gelatin sticky, and creates a caramel/taffy like texture.  But specifically, it's full of collagen, which is supposed to be helpful for healing.


* Also wanted to note that Thursday was my events day in my previous training cycle, and if I woke up to that this morning, I would have flat out not done it.  These walking days really are a boon for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment