Thursday, September 12, 2024

 Training Log: Entry 3351

Took the day off work to get some chores done.  Slept in, took the dogs for a long walk, going to mow the lawn and get in some more walking/activity through the day.




And on the topic of food, this was last night's attempt to regain some weight


Triple venison burger on chaffle buns with grassfed sour cream alongside the leftover deviled eggs, pork cracklin and cottage cheese. Got some ribs on the smoker for lunch today


FOLLOW UP


Whole day of yard work, ended up with over 20k steps, which I also managed yesterday.  I mowed the front yard, batteries died because there was SO much grass to get through, so then I spent 90 minutes raking up dead grass to throw away to make things easier, during which time my ribs smoked to perfection (I've learned to doubt my instincts and just let them cook beyond the point I'm comfortable with, because these turned out AMAZING.  I also used my "Indian Crutch", which is like a Texas crutch, but with ghee instead of butter), walked the dogs again, drove to see my wife for lunch, got some groceries, came back and mowed the BACK yard, did some meal prep for my comp (cooked up 2lbs of ground venison), picked up my kiddo to take to the dentist, came home, Valkyrie made me breakfast for dinner





Boom!  2 3-egg omelets with 4oz of grassfed new zealand lamb between them, grassfed swiss and grassfed ghee, topped with grassfed sour cream alongside some beef bacon, 1.5 grassfed all beef hot dogs, half of a grassfed burger patty, some grassfed cottage cheese, and some pork cracklin.  "The word of the day is Grassfed!"


After that, Valkyrie and I took the puppy for a 1.5 mile walk. 


Do I know how to take a day off or what?!

No comments:

Post a Comment