Friday, September 13, 2024

 Training Log: Entry 3352

AM WORKOUT (0410 wake up via alarm)


**PRE-COMPETITION DELOAD**


3+ mile treadmill walk at 3.5 pace and 4.0 incline

50 bodyweight reverse hypers


BREAKFAST


Moderate walk w/dogs 


Notes:


* Continuing to keep it easy.  In turn, I am feeling the best I have felt in a LONG time.  No knee pain, hip/glute pain is almost entirely eliminated, no nerve twinges, full mobility, etc.  I’ve frequently said “life gives you deloads”, and that is often true, but I’m learning a lot from this intentional deload.  I definitely need to make this a regular occurrence during those times when I’m pushing the training hard.  In general, Phyrexian Dreadnought was a smashing success irrespective of my competition performance, because it was a great self-guided approach to getting myself back into strongman shape, intensifying, and recovering.  


* With all the activity this morning, I had 10500 steps before 0800/getting into work.  That was oddly satisfying.  My watch is saying my resting heart rate is 36 as well, which is dandy.  It DOES make it tough when I’m working hard and I look down and see 72 as my heart rate, and then I have to realize that’s double my RHR.  I also ended up pushing the distance a little further today because I was watching an episode of “Cobra Kai” that was at a REAL good part and I wanted to keep watching.


* Which, on that note, I think I’m going to upset Jamie Lewis and spend more time on the treadmill these days.  I’m finding joy walking on it and watching TV, and it keeps me honest with my pacing.  I’ll throw on a weighted vest every once in a while, but otherwise will just play with the incline.  


* Which on THAT note, right now it’s not a big deal anyways, as I’m still getting plenty of time out in the sun with walking my puppy and daily chores.  I did like 5 hours of yard work yesterday, shirtless and soaking up Vitamin D.  This led to an awkward moment with our contractor.  We’re STILL recovering from that tornado in Apr, and unbeknownst to me, our contractor was going to come by the house for a quick check in.  He texted my wife, but she was busy and didn’t relay it to me.  Dude shows up, I see him, take out my ear buds and go to chat, and he goes “Hey…looks like you’re in pretty good shape”, “Thanks, sorry, didn’t know you were swinging by” “Yeah…you work out a lot?  Like everyday?” “I try to, it keeps me young, just a lot of yard work today” “Yeah, I wanna work out some more, I wanna get fit, I’m not as fit as you” “You’re young: you got plenty of time” (Dude is like mid/late 20s), and this just keeps going on WAY longer than absolutely necessary.  But, on the plus side, typically the way this goes is I run into someone from work at the grocery store while wearing my “Deadlifts and Dragons” tanktop, so this progress.


* I stepped on the scale at 79.1 kg this morning.  I will have ZERO issues making weight for the comp.  I’m going to be coming in UNDER weight, just like last year, which is why I hate weight classes in the first place, but at least I know I can eat big today with no issues.  I’ll be showing up VERY well nourished, and I’ve already got 3 steaks thawing out to make some steak and eggs tomorrow before the comp.

No comments:

Post a Comment