Saturday, September 28, 2024

 Training Log: Entry 3365

We got up at 0600 this morning because we had an early appointment to get my puppy registered with a local doggie day care/kennel (they passed, are a total celebrity there now, and this means I can go back to having some more lunches with the Valkyrie during the work week, which is awesome).


Breakfast was the pretty standard weekend breakfast, so I won't redocument that here for Operation Conan.  After that, took the pups for a quick walk.



After dropping off the puppy, we did some chores and got some lunch, which I'll post about momentarily, but upon our return I was able to get in some mat pulls




(5) 9+5+4x405


Using all the tools in my toolbox, I broke out my Spud Inc Gateway Gear briefs, which have been in my garage for a few years now and still had the tag on them.  Today was the day to give them a spin, because though my hip is getting better and better, this kind of training could definitely reduce that.  Along with that, I don't have any sort of competition coming up, nor do I have anything to prove, so setting the weight back a few cycles and using some gear may be just the step back I need to take in order to have a giant running start for a leap forward.  I always liked that analogy.  


I liked the fact I could put the briefs on by myself vs needing a teammate to tug them on.  They're also thin enough that I could still wear my belt at the normal setting.  They gave very little pop off the floor, feeling more like just very snug compression briefs but, in turn, my back didn't feel like it was self-destructing every time I set the bar down.  That's a win.



Only real issue was that the bag snagged on the legs of the briefs at lockout, which is something I run into whenever I wear my strongman shorts as well.  Solution is just to wear some swim trunks over them.


One of the other pros is my back looks absolutely jacked when I squeeze into the briefs. I actually saved the uncut video where you see me walk out because it's such a strong visual





After that, Valkyrie and I went for a 3 mile walk out in the sun.



Ok, lunch: our favorite local pizza place has a deal where, during any college or NFL game, they have $1 wings.  You gotta buy them in sets of 10...so I got 20 bone-in charred naked wings.  Very "Operation Conan"





This place also specializes in cream cheese pizza sauce...so I got some of that on the side.  Cream cheese is carnivore enough for me.


I COULD have eaten all 20, but I felt satiated at 16, so that's when I stopped.  That's honestly pretty cool for me: any time I don't binge or simply eat until the food is gone is pretty awesome.


Which, on that note, I ended up fasting through dinner.  I had the 16 wings at 1130, family did dinner at 1730, and I just plain wasn't hungry.  I picked up Panda Express and brought it home, and smelling it in the restaurant didn't trigger hunger, nor did riding with it in the car, nor did watching my family eat it.  This is anti-Operation Conan as far as "eating to gain" goes, but, again, a big win for eating and living in general.  I'll see what the scale has to say about this on Monday.


Oh yeah, I hit a step PR yesterday: 25,370.  11.9 miles apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment