Monday, September 30, 2024

 Training Log: Entry 3367

AM WORKOUT (0415 wake up via back-up alarm: slept through primary)


**OPERATION CONAN** Recon and Scouting


*TACTICAL BARBELL MASS PROTOCOL* Grey Man-Week 3, Workout 1





WARM UP


Roll out on LAX ball

30 seconds in the squat position

50x180 reverse hyper

5xBar w/squats, hold bottom position for 30 seconds

Sets of 85, 135 and 245, overwarm walkout w/335


MAIN WORK


Buffalo Bar Squats

4x3x315


SUPERSET


Axle strict press

4x3x138


SUPPLEMENTAL CLUSTER giant set


(3) Incline DB Bench

4x8x60


NG weighted chins

4x8x15


Standing ab wheel

3x10


SUPPLEMENTAL EXERCISE


GHRs

4x27


TOTAL TRAINING TIME: 46 minutes


BREAKFAST


Moderate walk w/dogs



Notes:


* This is the best training day I’ve had for the entire program.  No pain in the hip, just some discomfort in the knees.  In turn, I was able to move MUCH faster through this workout than previous ones, using approx. 1 min rests between sets on the main work until the final sets, wherein I granted myself 90 seconds.  On the giant sets, I went for 1 min rest at the end of the giant set.  The added weight on the chins was totally ad hoc, but I was feeling it today, and this is still recon and scouting, so I’m getting a good feel on where I need to be.  Today was the day I was most concerned about, but the triples really make it manageable.  


* Those high rep GHRs continue to be absolutely awesome.  Very solid pump in the lower body.


* Felt a little bit of discomfort in the opposite hip of the one that’s been bothering me, specifically on the ab wheel.  Wonder if that’s just compensatory.  Meanwhile, left knee is feeling much more stable.  Press weight was also just about perfect: light enough to allow me some more progress, but heavy enough to be challenging.  In general, I’m just jazzed about how this turned out.


* Weighed in at 81.4 kg (179lbs).  Last week was 79.8 (175.5), and starting weight was 79.1 (174).  There’s an element of artificiality to this weight, as I didn’t have a bowel movement yesterday, and combined with the heavy intake of food, there’s a good amount that’s still in my guts, but I’m appreciating the trend moving upward, and with how strong I felt in my performance today, things are moving in a positive direction.  And to think: people say you can’t gain without carbs.


* Which I then transition to say that tonight is my weekly carby meal.  Looking like some farmer’s casserole and pumpkin snickerdoodle cookies.  Also going to get in a walk later tonight while my kid is at show choir.


* Something I’ve been meaning to log: I’m pretty happy with how I’ve handled eating to gain on this approach.  Though I HAVE upped my cheese intake, it’s been via cottage cheese, which I consider a different entity than traditional cheese.  I dig the protein the fat ratio on it, and the stuff I use is grassfed from Iowa farms nearby.   I’m doing my best to keep the pork rinds level to “acceptable”, and to focus on driving up the meat and eggs as the primary source of growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment