Friday, September 27, 2024

 Training Log: Entry 3364

AM WORKOUT (0415 wake up via alarm, slept in with day off work)

**OPERATION CONAN: Recon and Scouting**

*Tactical Barbell Mass Protocol: Grey Man-Week 2, Day 3*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKQp31wnekY


WARM UP

Roll out on LAX ball
50x180 reverse hypers
Warm up sets w/135, 225 and 315 on trap bar

MAIN WORK

Low handle trap bar lift
3x425
3x6x425
3x425

SUPERSET

Axle bench press
4x6x206

SUPPLEMENTAL CLUSTER

Belt squat (Fringe Sport Mammoth belt squat)
4x10x180 loaded

Dips
4x10x30lb

Axle curls
4x10x53

ASSISTANCE

Standing ab wheel
3x10


TOTAL TRAINING TIME: 58 minutes

BREAKFAST

2 mile walk w/dogs


Notes:

* Ran into some issues gripping the handles today.  Trap bar tipped forward HARD on the first set and slightly on the third set.  I could salvage the latter, but I had to abandon course on the first set after 3 reps.  I gave it a re-attempt, but I'm still being cautious with the hip and breaking the bar again seemed liked a bad call, so I compensated with an additional set of 3 to get in my total volume.

* My hips felt awesome during the heavy training.  I was able to set the weight down quickly and get back up.  Where I ran into issues was on the belt squats, which I imagine is simply unfamiliarity with the implement.  It wasn't DURING the movement, but, once again, racking it and walking away.  Got a few tweaks and twinges.  I've had to change my perspective on "healing" during this.  It's not going to be overnight: I have "healing PRs".  2 weeks ago, I was in agony DURING the training AND after.  It transitioned to pain halfway through the training and after, then no pain during the training but pain after, and now no pain during or after training but occasional twinges.  Eventually, that will go away too.

* Benching felt VERY strong today.  I think re-learning the movement is going a long way.

* I think I'm going to stack a few more mats on the belt squat and really sink them low.  I'm getting in a better way with them.

* Training ran a little longer than usual with that extra set of pulls.  In general, I wasn't really feeling strong coming in this morning: most likely need to get in some more food, which I've got some steak and eggs planned for lunch today, since I have the day off to do some cooking.

* Also planning on getting in another long walk out in the sun today.  I know I'm technically "overwalking" with the program, but the walks with the dogs/leisure I'm not considering conditioning.  I definitely let my stride be casual.

No comments:

Post a Comment