Saturday, August 17, 2024

 Training Log: Entry 3333

Holy cow what an awesome Saturday.


Valkyrie got to sleep until 0800, which was awesome for her healing.  She made us breakfast, then I got in some mat pulls





10+5+3x425 off 3 mats.


My right hip was still in a bit of pain from those Zenos, so it made breaking the weight really tough, and the lockout hurt.  At rep 5 things felt a bit more solid.  I felt like I had an 11th in there, but when I went for the eccentric my body said no so I shut it down and lived to fight another day.  Walked both dogs after that.


Got some errands ran, had 5 side orders of chicken from Taco Bell for lunch (I love that I've learned I can order that), then did some sandbag work before mowing the lawn for about 70 minutes





I wish I had thought of this earlier, but I realized it made more sense to just beat the hell out of my back for one day doing the pulls and the sandbag vs doing pulls on saturday and sandbag on sunday.  Still figuring out this training cycle as I go.



For dinner, we tried out a new buffet that opened in town, and oh my goodness it's way too awesome and I can't wait to go back.
















It was HUGE, mostly Asian cuisine, but no shortage of carnivore fair.  It had New York strip cooked to order at the hibachi line, and BBQ spare ribs, and all sorts of shrimp, octopus, squid, salmon, lobster, crab, etc etc.


I absolutely gorged myself.  In truth, I nearly binged.  I DID eventually stop eating, but I was definitely eating beyond satiety at one point.  I wanted to try everything there, but actually stuck carnivore as I could, avoiding things in heavy sauces and staying away from the absolute no-nos.  But I didn't come in with "a plan" which is something I usually do with buffets.  Since this was new, I didn't want to limit myself, and I was pleased with everything I ate.


I do think, next time, I might just made it a legit "steak and eggs" run.  New York strip grilled to order and eggs on the hibachi line is just absolutely baller, especially for the price.


I needed a meal like that.  I've been undereating for a bit too long, and I'm in a good place for making my weight class.

No comments:

Post a Comment