Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Training Log: Entry 3827

AM WORKOUT (0510 wake up via Valkyrie's alarm)

OPERATION CORNHISTERKUR Phase 2

TACTICAL BARBELL OPERATOR PRO Cycle 3, Week 2, Workout 2

17 chins
17 dips

FOBBITS on rower w/Niahanchi Cho Don

  • 2 minutes rowing

  • 1 Niahanchi Cho Don

  • Repeat for total of 20 minutes

Notes:

  • Getting out of bed this morning, my back seized up momentarily. I'm thinking that those keg loads are taking more than they are giving, and I may be reaching the point of leanness where performance is getting impacted. But this can also be some post-travel/competition silliness manifesting. My IT band was far more serviceable, and I was able to move in and out of a sitting position without employing blasphemy, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

  • I was moving slower today than usual as far as time on the rower was concerned. I normally get about 14:10 row time, but today finished up sub 13:00, which meant I was spending more time on transitions and on the hyung itself. The latter part checks: I got some feedback to slow down on it and make each move intentional, so it manifested here. Still, when I pushed the rower for that 3100m distance, I got that done in a shorter time than usual, which speaks to me that the intensity on the rower was where I wanted it to be.

  • Finally getting a break from our heat wave for the next few days. Will pick back up on the weekend, but it means that walking and Tang Soo Do will be far less miserable. On that note, it's sparring week, with our first class tonight, and the Valkyrie expressed interest on attending Sat as well, so we may get 4 days of sparring this week.

  • Weighed 81.1kg this morning, which is the biggest jump I've seen between a Mon and a Tues, but with Mon having a very light carb load and being a post travel day, all sorts of variables are in play here. Still lightest and leannest I've been in a while, and my daily chins/dips are reflecting that, as they're far easier than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment