Training Log: Entry 3857
AM WORKOUT (0400 Wake up via alarm)
TACTICAL BARBELL MASS PROTOCOL GREY MAN Recon Week
MAIN LIFTS
Buffalo bar squat
4x8x315
Axle strict press from rack
7x158
8,7,6x136
SUPPLEMENTAL LIFTS
(3) DB incline bench
3x12x55s
DB row
3x12x130
GHR
3x12
GHR sit up
1x20
Notes:
Since I have these next 5 days to train before the cruise, I'm using this as an opportunity to pilot some training maxes and figure out what I'll be lifting when I get to Grey Man for real, hence this being "Recon week".
In that regard, I feel like I was hit by that tractor we weren't able to move, which is most likely WHY I feel beat to hell. I am discovering new muscles to be sore in. I'm fairly certain my hair hurts. So there's a bit of a drop off on performance, and the humidity today is also absolutely bonkers. My heart rate was at 145 at the end of the workout, which is a number I haven't seen before. But it's also worth appreciating that I'm much lighter and underfed compared to where I normally am in Grey Man. This gave me a decent snapshot of a baseline.
I cut the supplemental sets down to 3 for the sake of time, as I was meandering coming into the workout to get everything into working order.
I'm pleased with those squats, after not having a bar on my back for like 15 weeks. Still have the mobility, and they felt strong. Knee held up well. The press was rough simply due to being exhausted by the time I got to it. Everything else was about right.
Last week was a missed week for getting in all the chins, as they simply weren't a priority with the comp. Keeping the total at 72 chins this week, with 2x15 and 3x14 as the ideal protocol.
Weighed 80.4kg this morning. Quite surprised at that number: was expecting 82 with how I've been eating and the inflammation from the competition. We did the family meal last night and I didn't hold back: 2 sourdough rolls with butter and garlic ghee, a generous portion of spaghetti with meat sauce, 5 of the Valkyrie's cookies (combinations of peanut butter and pumpkin oatmeal cookies) and 1 sourdough oatmeal cream pie, all with some raw local honey with honeycomb. Soon enough I get to return to gaining.
No comments:
Post a Comment