Monday, September 21, 2026

Training Log: Entry 3866

@Friedrich No question. Those live rent free in my head now, haha.


AM WORKOUT (0400 wake up via alarm)

OPERATION TACTICAL SLEIGHBELL

TACTICAL BARBELL MASS PROTOCOL Grey Man, Week 2, Workout 1



MAIN CLUSTER

Buffalo Bar Squat
4x6x352

Axle strict press from rack
2x6x166
6x156
5+1x156

SUPPLEMENTAL CLUSTER

(3) DB Incline Bench
4x10x65s

DB row
4x10x145

GHR
4x10x25

ASSISTANCE

GHR sit up
15, 10

Notes:

  • In a poll of 1 American, 0% of the population wanted to do this workout this morning. But knowing I had a bunch of awesome fuel to burn through from last night gave me a little motivation. Which, on that note, my guts actually woke me up in the middle of the night with an urgent message, and I spent a lot of the night overheating, so I'm wondering if I may have eaten something a bit too ambitious for me at some point.

  • How I felt about the squats (a panel from my favorite comic)

    image

  • Which is to say, despite coming into this not excited to train, I was "inhumanly strong". I dig the 6s week for just that. Depth never looks solid on the video, but I remind myself in the middle of the workout that I legit can't go any lower. If I wanted to make it DEEPER, I'd have to get my shins more vertical, but as far as ROM goes, I'm doing what I need.

  • Presses are most likely just too damn heavy for the TM. I'm going to be a little stubborn about it for now and see if I can Bruce Randall my way through.

  • Despite my frequent sweating and profanity on the video, I'm feeling slid though through this. Grey Man just plain hits different than Operator, which is why it's a hypertrophy program. I've actually considered being cute about Tactical Sleighbell and having phases of the operation, with this one leading up to Halloween being "Jacked-O-Lantern", since it's most likely going to time out that 2 cycles of Grey Man end there and then I could move onto "Gainsgiving" and "I'll Be Jacked For Christmas". I still might. It's a lot to write.

  • Weighed in at 81.5kg this morning. This will be my first Monday baseline for the Operation, as last week started on Tues with a post travel day.

  • I officially signed up for the comp in Feb. Currently as a Masters 220. Also the only one signed up. Events are a lever deadlift (first ever for me), max axle press, sandbag throw over bar, Heracles hold, and some sort of carry medley to end (still not fully fleshed out). I'll be able to spend some time training my throws, my grip, and working on my loading. I realized that I've been trying to pick up sandbags like deadlifts, which has been hamstringing me. I need to pick them up like stones.

No comments:

Post a Comment