Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Training Log: Entry 3867

AM WORKOUT (0450 wake up via Valkyrie's alarm)

OPERATION TACTICAL SLEIGHBELL

TACTICAL BARBELL MASS PROTOCOL Grey Man, Week 2, Workout 2

"ROW ROW ROW YOUR BLOAT"

14 chins
30:22 recovery row (6000m total)
5 min walk
14 chins

Notes:

  • Schedule a little weird. It's my kid's first cross country meet today, so the Valkyrie got to work early so she could leave early and make it there on time. Meant I had a little extra time to play around this morning. Plan was originally just 30 min on the rower, but I was close enough to 6000m that I just closed it out. Which, 6000m in 30 minutes is like "timed with an hourglass" speed, but given this is a recovery row, it worked.

  • Which, on that note, I go to bed with ambitions and wake up with reality. I felt like I could do more until that alarm went off and then I realized that a slow, easy recovery row was just what the doctor ordered. Again: Grey Man hits different, and I have to meet it where it's at. I do love how much I want to "be everything", as it means the fire hasn't died, but I still have to be smart with how I go about approaching it.

  • It's sparring week in Tang Soo Do this week. Our instructor is going to play with a new bracket format, which should mean no more mixed gender sparring matches. Curious how it will play out.

  • Got in some throws last night. They actually felt pretty solid. That "scoop" technique helps. From now until Feb at least gives me a LOT of practice time.

  • Weighed 81.4kg this morning: .1kg drop from yesterday. I keep having Nicky Snatoro's voice in Casino going through my head on the weigh ins: "We're supposed to be robbing this place". Keep the goal the goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment