OPERATION TACTICAL SLEIGHBELL
TACTICAL BARBELL MASS PROTOCOL Grey Man, Week 2, Workout 3
MAIN CLUSTER
Axle bench press
3x6x251
5+1x251
Mat pulls
Nope
SUPPLEMENTAL CLUSTER
Lever belt squat
4x10x270
Dips
4x10x62.5
Axle curls
2x10x88
2x7+3x88
ASSISTANCE
Reverse hyper
3x15
Ab triad
2 rounds
Notes:
Jumping straight to the mat pulls: I felt a small twinge in my right side this morning, and my warm-ups were just heavier than they should have been. Went for 385+chains and though I COULD have broken it off the mats, doing so would take more effort than I should need. I'm going to do a repeat of last week and give this a go tomorrow, which, if that works, this may become a feature instead of a bug. Valkyrie and I are going to go on a ruck in the morning tomorrow, and after that I can give the pulls a go.
On the topic of a ruck: Valkyrie has talked about doing the 50 mile ruck here in Sep next year. Game on.
The bench moved decently. It's heavy, but a good challenge to compel me to eat more to overcome. Dips and lever belt were strong.
The reverse hypers seem to help my back. May need to bring them back into the warm-ups. I imagine the low bar squatting is beating it up.
Tang Soo Do sparring has changed to now have male and female brackets, so I walked away the champion of the male bracket last night. 4 matches total. We have a new student with a boxing background, and we got paired together during drills. It brought me back.
Weighed 81.1kg this morning. I am VERY surprised to observe a drop after eating that Costco pulled pork, because that is a total sodium bomb. More food is needed, which, on that note, I employed my experiment of a very high protein/low fat post workout meal this morning. 10 egg whites, 1 whole egg, and a can of salmon, broke down to 90g of protein and 9g of fat, and roughly 440 calories. At 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight, that's half my needs in one meal: I'm still blown away that people struggle in that regard. We're going out for a "Chef's Night Out" at an Italian place that boasts a huge salad bar, so my plan is to go full Gaston mode on the hardboiled eggs, cheese, and other toppings.
No comments:
Post a Comment