Saturday, October 1, 2005

Training Log: Entry 138

Another TKD class

Went over the same stuff, different day

"Learned":
Twin upset punch

I was contemplating the application of the twin upset punch in the
clinch before I realized that it was basically a double uppercut with
no defending hand.  I'll stick to the uppercut.

Sparring.  Destroyed the brownbelt.  She didn't get a single
attack off.  However, I played her game for a little bit. 
Stupid.  Can't slip back into this stuff.  Spent too long
trying to break these bad habits.

Sparred the assistant instructor blackbelt again.  Kicked him in
the balls twice when he was attempting a high kick on me.  Ended
up shoving him into a couple of rowing machines.  All of this
being "non-contact" of course.  I realized today that he wasn't
sparring to help me as a senior should (leaving openings, attacking
generoulsy, etc), but was instead sparring to beat me.  He does
the same with all junior students.  He has an ego problem.

Did some suicide sprints.  Felt good.  Need to do more.  Need to get cardio up for throwdown on 15 Oct 05.

Must have fight.  Been too long.

5 comments:

  1. Retaliate if they give you an attitude, but don't act like a jock. On the other hand, you don't want to act like a tool, either. I think you know what you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just play humble, then demolish them in sparring. It really fucks 'em up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't they say anything when you use a different style than tkd during sparring?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't use a different style. I make sure to use purely the techniques they've taught me. Fucks 'em up even more. Here they are using inner-crescent kicks and jump backfists and I just throw front punch-reverse punch-roundkick combos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like your having fun in these sparring sessions, too bad the bouts sound more like warm ups for you rather then the type of fighting your really looking for. At the very least, your doing the world a service by putting people with God of War complexes in their place. Just remember though, he's ONLY a blackbelt compared to you and your fighting experience .

    ReplyDelete