Thursday, September 29, 2005

Training Log: Entry 137


Another TKD class under my belt.


Went over: Same stuff, same pattern, same jumpcrap.


"Learned":
Inner forearm block


Got "corrected" on having my backleg bent when it's "supposed" to be
straight.  He said "I think you're trying to push the punch too
much".  I thought to myself "I think I'm trying not to get my ass
takendown and destroyed in a fight"


Got to rock the heavybag.  Fun exercise.  Hit it hard and
fast as possible for 30 seconds.  Essentially HIIT heavybag. 
The blackbelt assistant instructor has bad spacing.  The brownbelt
has awful cardio, timing, and spacing.  Neither of them can keep
their hands up.  I did my best to show them real punching. 
My roundkicks were weird mutated versions of the Thai and TKD
roundkick.  Didn't even bother with hook kicks.  An
occasional front or side.  Threw in a few elbows and hooks as an
accident.  Can't let on that I know more.  Was complimented
on my speed.  Had to laugh.  Everyone always said I move too
slow.


Sparring right afterwards.  I was gassing.  Played the
defense game for a few kicks, then went too hard.  Forgot it was
"non-contact".  Heavybag put me in the wrong mood.  The
assistant instructor has been talking smack anyways about how he thinks
we're "evenly matched" and he could prevail in a fight.  Sent him
a message today.


Brown belt still has an attitude problem.  Working on it.  Abused her with boxing today.


Been brought to my attention that the lesson plan is suffering due
to my presence.  Apparently instruction has shifted from teaching
the new people to showing me up.  Regrettable. 

1 comment: