Thursday, July 13, 2006

Training Log: Entry 254


MT class tonight


Warm-up
Drills
Conditioning


Warm-up: Note-Really got some power in my hooks today.  Step, sink, slam.


Drills: Straight boxing sparring
Note: Going to try keeping my hands in closer to my face from now on.  My parrying sucks, so hopefully this'll help.


Drill: Exchange straight boxing.  When attacker goes for bodypunches, defender clinches, 2 knees, push away and headkick.

Drill: Sparring with boxing and leg kicks only.  Allowed to clinch during bodypunches


Note to self: KEEP HANDS UP ON BODY PUNCHING.  When changing levels to bodypunch, hands dropped and I ate some shots.  Old wrestling habit, going to get me killed.  Stop leading with the head too.  Of course, in general, I'd rather shoot a knee than a bodypunch.


Was getting beat by a guy with good reach and lateral movement.  Need to learn how to deal with these guys without just going for the clinch.  Started tagging his legs as he moved.


Guy with good headmovement, but I'm starting to realize that it's not that desireable it MT.  They plant to move their head, and I just keep blasting their legs.  Guy also had good triple kicks.  Need to learn to defend these better.


Conditioning: Got my butt kicked.  Good feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment