Monday, July 31, 2006

Training Log: Entry 258


Finished a 1 week cruise in the carribean.


Did bodybuilding for 1 week.  Split of


Chest/Back/Shoulders
Legs
Bis/Tris/Forearms
rest
Repeat


Discovered that my body doesn't respond too well to supersetting.  Burnouts are a whole different issue. 


Nutrition was old school.  After my workouts, I'd typically grab a dinner roll and glass of fruit juice for carbs and some slabs of steak for protein/creatine.  Not ideal, but got me by.  The entire week was essentially a semi-dirty bulk.


Amazingly managed to get some sparring done on my trip.  My older brother wanted to do some bareknuckle boxing.  He said he wanted to go light, but the first shot he connected was a hard shot to my orbital socket.  Didn't really hurt, just made me mad.  I told him to chill out.  I pretty much went open handed.  I used this opportunity to bob and weave...crap I never do when I spar.  He barely laid a hand on me, while I kept the counter bodyshots firing.  Still parrying too far away from face.  Did 3 rounds until his fatigue (to be fair, he had just run for half an hour, so he wasn't holding up too well).  Fun as hell, just wish we had some gloves so I could throw to the face more.


Taking my weight training in more of a bodybuilding direction for the next 3 weeks (the rest of my summer break).  I saw amazing gains from the one week I did on the ship, and think it's my body's way of telling me it wants some more variety.  When I get back to school, I'll have access to a squat rack, cable station, etc etc, and can hit the powerlifting hardcore.


Sticking with the same split I did on the cruise ship.  Still only want to weight train 3 days a week, so I feel the opposing muscle groups means that the supporting muscle groups will get blasted twice a week.  Still going to powertrain my legs though.  My strength is disproportional anyway, so this will give my lower body a chance to catch up.


Can't wait to get back on the diet.  Been eating too much crap.


 

1 comment:

  1. Crazy. I came to the same conclusion about bodybuilding earlier today in my journal.I'm glad you had a good trip.

    ReplyDelete