Thursday, July 20, 2006

Training Log: Entry 257


MT tonight.


Warm-up
Drills
Conditioning


Warm-up: Sinking into my hooks more.  Loving the power.


Drills:
1 partner leg kicks, 1 blocks. 
Notes: Still need to stay light on toes after leg checking.  Falling victim to double kicks.


Same as above, but with arm kicks
Notes: Get that knee up higher.  Stop throwing your knee into your elbow point.


Same as above, but attacker gets to use boxing.
Notes: Partner was throwing at my gloves first.  I told him to hit me in the face.  Then he threw his punches 2 inches away from my face.  I put my gloves down and kept starring at his punches until he eventually got the message and then clocked me with a 3 punch combo.  From there, it was much better.  My hands are coming out too far to pat, but my manuevering is better.  He only got 2 clean kicks on me.


On my turn attacking, he had his hands set up like a skiball ramp (elbows flared out, gloves to the side of his face) so I kept firing straight shots to the face.  He didn't get the message, and instead of covering up, he tried to move sideways.  I noticed this, and so I would drive him right and kick his left leg, then vise versa.  Mixed in armkicks whenever he moved back.  Scored 15 clean kicks on him.


Same as above, but defender gets to use boxing:


Notes: Scored tons of bodyshots on the guy.  However, got my head punched in with hooks when I sunk low.  DO NOT STAY LOW!  FIRE AND GET OUT!  Focus shifted from defense to offense, so I took 5 clean kicks. 


On offense, more of the same.  Started parrying his jab because he threw it slow and lazy.


Conditioning: Pulled my back throwing punches too hard.  More control/form.

4 comments:

  1. wow man u sound like your really getting into your training. One question are pro or thinking about going pro? and keep up the good work sounds like your doing a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not thinking about going pro.  The Air Force currently owns me.  Once I hit 25, I might try for a few fights, but I definitely don't want to make a career out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same problem with people in fencing, durring parry drills, i can't get some of the new people to actually try to hit me. I don't understand it, being hit with a foil is half the fun, its not like it really hurts or anything. I do exactly what you do, i just do the expected retreat and watch as his blade falls short and if i'm in a particularly nasty mood, i counterattack instead of parry riposte. My way of convincing people that they want to hit me. I remember joking to myself that i should start insulting them or their moms, that'll get their blood boiling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The air force eh? sounds cool and yeah by the time u get out at 25 u might not have that much time to do anything really big with a boxing career. anywayz good luck with the air force.

    ReplyDelete