Friday, June 1, 2007

Training Log: Entry 419

DE lower day

Speed box squats of 190
8x2

Notes: Best explosion yet.  Really focus on driving from the heels after lift off.

Skipped the split squats.  My left knee has been bugging me recently, so don't want to risk it.

Good mornings of 155
10,10,8,8

Notes: Mighta been able to grind out 10 on the third set, but didn't wanna risk it.  This felt amazing without the split squats.

Lat pull downs of 130
4x10

Notes: Great pull from the elbows on this one, hopefully this is hitting my lats as good as pull-ups.

4 comments:

  1. any reason you do pulldowns over pullups?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just for the sake of variety.  Because of my bodyweight, hitting 4x8 is tough, so the pull down allows me to actually hit the full rep range.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, quick question on pullups/chinups.
    How do you judge how far your grip should be?.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whatever feels comfortable. Generally a tad wider than shoulder for myself.

    ReplyDelete