Thursday, July 10, 2008

Training Log: Entry 597

Squats of 335+chains
3x5

Notes: Form started to fall apart as the weight got heavier.  Hips were rising faster than the back, and knees were bowing inward.  Going to slow down the increases to 10lbs a session now.

Incline bench of 185
3x5

Notes: Haven't incline benched since like my sophomore year of HS, so form is a little wonky.  Hopefully strength will come quickly.  Not arching my back, and minimal leg drive.

Power rows of 185
3x5

Notes: Doing these pendlay style from the floor, finally starting to hit my groove on these.  Felt really strong on these, so maybe I'm finally figuring these out.

 

Hise shrugs of 315
2x20
Band pulldowns w/light band
2x30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XCPklMyhbM

3 comments:

  1. dang dude, no offense but you squat very slowly. you pushing your abs out against your belt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you're going slow so you can ensure that you're getting as deep as possible, but I could be wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty much.  My hips are still pretty stiff, and I'm paranoid about hitting proper depth.  I'm also afraid of losing my tightness by going too fast.
    And yeah, as far as I can tell I'm pushing my abs out. 

    ReplyDelete