Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Training Log: Entry 811

RE upper pull

Chins
18,10,10,10

Notes: Switched grip, wasn't progressing much with pull-ups.  This engaged my abs more.  Joints are getting beat up, need to resume fish oil.

Strict press of 195
3x3

Notes: Last rep was a push press.  The grip switch on my pulling engaged my forearms more, making them inflate and harder to work with.  Focused on keeping elbows high.

V-handle cable rows of 180
4x10

Notes: Tweaked my back on the 3rd set.  Feels like it'll take it's normal 3 days to heal.  May need to reduce the weight and up the reps for the sake of safety.

Weighted dips w/45lbs
3x8

 


Did some conditioning the next day.  45 minutes of alternating rounds between boxing and skipping rope.  Took a little while to get back into the swing of things, but towards the end I was flowing again.  I'm sure my technique sucks, but I'm just in it to workout now.

No comments:

Post a Comment