Wednesday, December 8, 2004

Teaching Log: Entry 4


Reviewed Thai Stance
Reviewed Thai Roundhouse
  Still need to work on getting their hips turned over
  Told how they need to have their lead knee point away from the target
Reviewed Push-kick
  Need to make sure they don't lose their base on the kick


Introduced switch step
  Tap rear foot-shuffle left and right
     They need to work on making it much smoother of a transition.  Comes with practice

Introduced lead leg roundhouse with switchstep
  Have kick motion down.  Just need to work on switchstep transition


Drilled "standard four".  Pointed out flaws in attack/defense.


Next Lesson: Ground n Pound


Intending to open my teaching up to more people next semester.  Hopefully have a decent stable of sparring partners.


Personal Note:
Was at the Cove (on campus eatery) hainging out with some friends.  Was wearing a tanktop.  Some guys that're there often stopped me on my way to get a drink.


Guy1: Hey man, I see you all the time.  Are you some sorta bodybuilder?
Me: Me, no I...(thinking 'I hate bodybuilding')...I fight, so I make myself as strong as I can.
Guy 1: *Eyes wide* You fight?  Like...?
Me: Yeah, I box, do Muay Thai...whatever.
Guy 2: Do you Ultimate Fight?
Me: I...I've done a little at a club in Hillsboro, but not in any sorta league or anything.
Guy 3: So what, do you do push-ups and stuff?
Me:  Well yeah, I do push-ups, and I lift weights and stuff.  I powerlift.
Guy 2: So how much do you bench?
Me: 300lbs
*Eyes widen*
Guy 1: How many push-ups can you do?
Me: All time high was 400.
Guy 3: 400 in a day?
Me: Yeah, well, in one set
*Eyes widen*
All: In one set?


It went on from there...  It was funny at first, but I started to feel pretty awkward after a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment