Friday, December 10, 2004

Teaching Log: Entry 5


GROUND DAY


Taught Double leg takedown-Get front leg far in between opponenet's legs.  Shoot hips forward.  Take away their base.  Push off with back leg.  Arms around thighs.


Taught sprawl: Hips down, legs out, arms around.


Taught single leg takedown-Get front leg to outside of leg.  Proper grip on opponenet's leg.  Pick up and proper placement.  Proper movement afterwards.


Taught ankle pic- similar principles of both single and double.


Taught top mount-seucring possition, palm on face posting with full weight, don't ride too high.
Strikes from mount-Hammer and elbow.


Taught guard-Note: My guard is really poor, but I went over the basics of having the ankles lock.


Reviewed proper fighting strategy: I'm a standup guy, and those learning from me will be so until they get a good subs coach.  I informed them of how they will want to "sprawl and brawl". 


Things are kind of choppy.  I can't wait to start making this stuff flow, but it's going to be a little while still.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you seem to be serious about the fight game. Well even tho we have our disagreements on gamefaqs.com, I still wish you the best of luck in all your endeavors.
    -Byron "lordbyron" Juarez

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks Ace.  I think that topic got a little heated.  I tried to let it cool down a little.
    You're an awesome debator man.  I wonder if you fight as hard as you argue.  I'd hope so ^_^

    ReplyDelete