Saturday, December 18, 2004

Training Log: Entry 35


Throwdown went really well.  Didn't get to spar quite as much as I would have liked, but that's life.  I still got in a few decent matches, and did pretty well for myself.  I got subbed for the first time, yet I also pulled my first submission ever, so it was a nice tradeoff.  Reworked my kimura, and the armbar from the guard.


One of my matches I plain didn't like.  Someone was playing ref, and decided to award points and stop the match after certain points.  I think he was trying to protect his fighter.  It was pissing me off, bad.  The guy consented that had the ref not been there, he woulda been KO'd though, so cool.


Should have video pretty soon.

4 comments:

  1. Glad that everything went well today.  I know how much you have been looking forward to today and glad things went well for the most part.  Sucks that refs can't be objective, but I know you're awesome!!!  I wish I could have seen it!  I am so happy for you!!!  Keep me posted on your events and training over break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm from gamefaqs and was on the MA boards and I saw your sig. I've practiced muay thai and boxing for a couple years, but my funds ran up so I had to quit. But now I'm back and I want a new style to train with. Something I can grapple and strike with. Would you recommend me any? I heard the Indonesian martial arts were pretty brutal, do you have any knowlege on them? Thanks for any input you have, I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm...I'm pretty much only knowledable in the styles I listed.  Why not stick with boxing and Muay Thai?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for continuing to help me with my cardio.  Today was the first real test, and I had the endurance to survive the 1.5 hour training session.  We are starting only for 1.5 hours until later this week, and we will probably then bump it up to 3 hours.  It felt great, and I owe must of my endurance to the intense cardio you have me on.  I am looking forward to telling you about everything I am doing training wise, I am pretty psyched.  Now that I am doing this, should I stop the HIIT?  Just Curious.  Thanks!!! ^_^ 

    ReplyDelete