Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Training Log: Entry 34


Have revamped heavy bag program.


6 minute rounds.  Rest 1 minute in between rounds.


Rounds 1-2-Bare knuckle boxing training.  Focus on hitting square, good head movement, make every punch count.


Round 3-Shadow boxing in front of mirror.  Focus on form.  Keep hands up and elbows in.  Must make sure not to hyperextend on punches.


Rounds 4-5-Boxing with grappling gloves.  Focus on power generation and combinations.


Round 6-Muay Thai training: focus on form of thai-kicks, teeps, knees in and out of clinch, and elbow work.


Applying the 80:20 principle for bagwork.  I'm a boxer who kicks it seems, but it's gotten me by pretty well.  The 5 minute rounds should help with stamina.  Speaking of which, cardio program is still going well, but when break starts, I'm going to work less on cardio and get back to strength training.  Will still be doing at least 1 HIIT session every other day.


4 more days till the San Diego throwdown.  I can't wait.  Hope to go up against a good grappler.  Hope to get vids too.

3 comments:

  1. I am excited for Saturday for you!  I know you will do great.  Thanks for the cardio advice and glad to hear that you will be focusing more on strength training.  Let me know how that goes.  I'll be increasing my cardio greatly.  Good Luck on Saturday or like you would want me to say good skills (know you don't like it when I send luck).

    ReplyDelete