Saturday, March 12, 2005

Training Log: Entry 72

Walked away with a 1-2-0 MMA record. Finished 4th of 8. Not too bad for
my first tourney, 'specially without a coach in my corner =P

First
match I won on points. I had great positional dominance, and reversed
every single takedown the guy tried. I got some decent strikes on him
to. He landed one late illegal headshot and got a warning.

Second
match, I got mauled. This guy had age and experience on me, and it
showed. He rushed in, got the clinch, and fired knees. I kept catching
his knees, but wasn't fast enough on the takedown. He attempted to take
me down, but I stopped him, until he eventually reveresed my takedown.
He attempted to break my halfguard with strikes, but I held strong. I
even reversed him and got into his guard, but he somehow took my back
and got a RNC.

Third match I lost on points. Guy rushed in for
takedown and I reversed it, struck for points, stood up, he rushed
again, I stopped it, but he got me in the corner and got in my guard.
From there, I stalled badly, and that's where time drained. I needed to
be more active and scoring points. I kept attempting the guilltine, but
no luck. He got 3 illegal head shots, but the refs only saw 1. If we
were playing by the rules, I'd have won by DQ`=P

I'm happy. First tourney ever, and I scored a W.


Lessons Learned: Need more experience on bottom.  Need more
experience in general.  Need more submission knowledge. 
Takedown defense is tight as ever.  No head strikes is a
completely different experience.  All in all, good learning
enviornment.

7 comments:

  1. You should have used the ancient technique called "STEALTH DROPKICK!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!  I am so proud of you.  You are officially a fighter with an awesome record.  You're amazing!!!  You never cease to amaze me.  I couldn't be prouder.  I can't wait to see you continue on your way to more experiences in fighting.  Good Job!!!  ~aloha~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, every fight is a learning experience. You could have done much worse.You spoke of illegal headshots, what exactly were illegal headshots in this tournament?

    ReplyDelete
  4. CA pankration rules don't allow for headshots, so basically any strike to the head is illegal

    ReplyDelete
  5. good shit out there man. Very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No Ki blasts? or Ninjas? waht kind of tournament was this?
    Good job, for your first tourny (especially under such rules) you did pretty good. I was expecting there to be some weird trick that some of the older guys had picked up on, and that would end up raping you to shreds, but I guess not. anyways, good job, props, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emevas probably lost because the other guys were Roll Cancelling electricity.

    ReplyDelete