Tuesday, August 1, 2006

Training Log: Entry 259


MT tonight


Warm-up
Drills
Conditioning


Warm-up notes: Hands felt really slow today.  Possible combination of little practice over the past week and fatigue from bodybuilding yesterday (was bis/tris/forearms).  Made sure to be sharp.


Drills:
Eat 15 leg kicks on each side


Note: My training partner had a very obvious right leg dominance.  He also lacked any sort of control.  His right leg was a baseball bat, left leg wiffle bat.


Drill 1: Aggressor boxes and throws leg kick, defender counters leg kick with 2-3.  Emphasis on countering before the kick is complete.


Note: As stated, no control.  He kept hammering my lead leg.  Rather than tell him to ease up, I decided to see how long I could hang before I quit.  17 leg kicks is the answer.  After that, I told him to go after my rear leg so I could drill more.


Personal note: The focus of today was to stop parrying so far away from my face.  Did a much better job of it when it became a focus.  Should always remember that.


Coaches note: Don't stand too close when throwing the kick so that you can avoid the counter.


Drill 2: Same as above, but add on counter low kick switch arm kick


Note: Partner was taller than me.  Need more balance on high kicks.


Conditioning: Holy Christ was it a bad idea to take a week off.  I was dying.  I managed to complete everything though, and at the end he told us that he really ramped up the conditioning, so that was comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment