Monday, April 28, 2008

Training Log: Entry 575

Squats of 345
2

Notes: I tried ignoring the pain that my back was in, but it presented itself on the second rep.  Been having a dull pain since my heavy dead day that became a sharp pain on the asecent of the squat.  This is my entering argument for taking high rep deadlifts out of my routine.  Day B will be front squats, with heavy shrugs as an assistance work.  Calling this a deload, and taking a little time off on my lower back.  Might just do upper body work next workout or two, and use the weight belt as necessary.

Pull-ups w/40lbs
3x5

Notes: The gradual progression in weight is working well here.  Shows me that I need to stop ego-lifting.

Bench of 285
5,4,3

Notes: Mighta been able to get a 4th rep out on the last one, but with no spotter in my basement, didn't wanna risk it.

 

Assistance work of band pull-aparts and neck work.  Took out the hise shrugs to keep loading off of my back.  Met my goal on the pull-aparts, and need to add weight on the neck work.

2 comments: