Sunday, November 7, 2004

Training Log: Entry 27


Have returned back to training after 3 weeks off of lifting and 4 weeks off of lifting.


Notable weight gain (3lbs).  I do not think it is muscle.


Am going light on heavybag out of paranoia, but my punches feel as strong, if not stronger than ever.  I believe this is a result of having my elbow in tight due to fear of another injury.


Weight lifting is less strength intesive and more focused on proper form.  AM going light on weights.  I bench 225 at this point, and can manage a set of 12 reps at first followed by 6 sets of 3-4 reps.  Rest of my routine utilizes more machines and tends to be a bit "bodybuilderish".  I don't enjoy it, but it is necessary at this point.


NOTE: I have found out about an "Open Styles Tournament" run by the local Tae Kwon Do club.  I have written the school and inquired about it, asking if I can particpate.  I am utilizing the Black belt I "earned" in TKD when I was 16 as my means of entry, and approaching this with total humility.  In actuality, I'm hoping to go in, wreak havoc, destroy, salt the earth, etc etc, but most importantly, to have an awesome time.  It'll set me back $40.00, but I think it'll be worth it.


Point of concern: ROTC might tell me not to.

7 comments:

  1. hahahahaha. I'd put money on you Emevas, seriously. Tae Kwon do artists against a punching monster. They'd just end up your punching bag!
    Man I should go to Vegas when I'm 21.
    And I assume ROTC would tell you not to participate out of fear that you may get hurt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, depending on how they do the scoring, i'm pretty sure you'll do Well, in fact I think you'll find your opposition underclassed. If you can attend, do me a favor and try to get someone to video tape the event, I'd love to see you utterly decimate your "competition" .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess you won't be doing any wrestling, as you might really humiliate the tkd'ers.But striking should be fun enough. So what's the reason that ROTC would frown upon you entering?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ROTC doesn't like the concept of injury outside of a war.  However, I went and inquired, and found out it was a "No-contact sparring" tournament.  Fucking hell goddamn sonuvabitch piece of shit ATA TKD pussyass pointsparring...ok, I'm good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meh. I say go in, blast someone in the chest really really hard, get DQed, and just have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not spending $40 to get DQed.  'sides, that'd be disrespectful to the ruleset, and to the "fighter".

    ReplyDelete
  7. 'tis a good point, considering 40 dollars is a lot.

    ReplyDelete