Saturday, November 20, 2004

Training Log: Entry 31


Finally started seriously working my legs.  Got someone to motivate me to get to the gym on leg day rather than just do bodyweight exercises.


Leg/Ab Day lifts:


Sqauts
Leg Press
Leg Extensions
Leg Curls
Calf Raises
Elevated Weighted Crunches
Elevated Boxer Crunches


All lifts at 3-5 reps and 4 sets, minus the boxer crunches, which are just 'till failure.


Same person that dragged me down to the gym might also get my ass to do some sprints.  I'm excited.


Note: Got to watch some awesome swordsmanship at the gym where a buddy of mine sparred a friend with some shinais.  The friend of mine offered to spar me unarmed, but warned me that he sucked.  I'd take him up on it, but like most of my sparring partners, this guy is a bit too skinny to go full out on.  I might do it one day if him and I get bored.  He says he has some gloves, and I could spot him headgear and a mouthguard.

2 comments:

  1. Leg exercises? doesn't sound like you, you usually look like your workouts revolve mostly around your upper body, and mostly your arms. Good to be well rounded i guess (pun?)
    Anyways, the workout schedule i started two or three weeks ago is still going strong it seems. I even added a few more exercises to my usual routine. Maybe i'll write about them in my own journal some time. Even though i think i'm doing well so far, maybe you can give me some tips when we meet up durring break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i haven't spoken to you in fucking millenium. whered you go man

    ReplyDelete